Newbie: programming for MC13213

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie: programming for MC13213

Nevo
Contributor I
I am a rank newbie with HC(S), Freescale, and CodeWarrior products so please forgive this stupefyingly low-level question.

I just downloaded and installed the special version of CodeWarrior and did all the updates. I want to create a new project targeted for the MC1321x parts, but the first page of the New Project Wizard doesn't list these devices.

How do I create a new project for these target devices?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

rpourzia
Contributor I
If you are starting now, the easiest thing is to download the BeeKit and create project for the target device there. Then export the project after saving your work. You can go to the codewarrior ide and import the project (xml file) that you just exported. You'll notice that you'll have a clean setup with only the files relevant to the target you selected. Creating a new target from scratch is a real pain and I think that's why these guys created BeeKit.
0 Kudos

Nevo
Contributor I
Thanks, rpourzia!

It's virtually impossible to wade through all the marketing fluff on Freescale's website to fnd what tools do what.  It's a convoluted process but I have a project opened in CodeWarrior.

Now... I understand that, at the moment, there's no ZigBee stack available for download from Freescale. Is this correct?
0 Kudos

rpourzia
Contributor I
I fully sympathize with your view on the difficulty of navigating through all the literature when you first start. It is a steep learning curve. To answer your question,
BeeKit currently supports development of SMAC, and 802.15.4 stack. The full ZigBee Stack support has been announced but I am not sure if it is available for download yet. You may want to play with the 802.15.4 stack in the BeeKit before jumping to the Zigbee Stack. FYI, here is the Freescale announcement regarding the full Zigbee Stack:

TEMPE, Ariz Dec. 5, 2006 - Manufacturers now are able to leverage an all-in-one ZigBee(TM) solution from Freescale Semiconductor. According to TUV Rheinland of North America and NTS, designated independent testing and assessment service providers of the ZigBee Alliance, BeeStack(TM) wireless communication software is one of the first to conform to the latest ZigBee Alliance specification and to achieve golden unit status. BeeStack software has set the standard of excellence for future platforms requiring certification testing.
0 Kudos