Matlab -> CodeWarrior v3.1 -> TBDML -> MC9S12DP512

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matlab -> CodeWarrior v3.1 -> TBDML -> MC9S12DP512

Beta_J
Contributor I
Daniel, thank you so much for the TBDML!

Are you familiar with Matlab's Embedded Target for HC12?

The latest version of CodeWarrior that it supports is v3.1. It's a bummer, I know. Currenty, I have the TBDML downloading to the RAM of the MC9S12DP512 just fine, but it appears not to be able to download to its flash. There are commands in the preload.cmd file such as  "FLASH" and "FLASH DISARM" that are not recognized when using the TBDML. Also, in the command file menu of CodeWarrior's Debugger, Vppon.cmd and Vppoff.cmd are not even command file options, as they are when using P&E's pod.

I noticed that you suggested to someone earlier that they upgrade to the latest version of CodeWarrior, but that is not an option for me.

Thank you for your help.

Jeff
0 Kudos
3 Replies

DanielM
Contributor III
Hi,

CodeWarrior 3.1 does not support the full interface API required for TBDML. There is not hing I can do to make the flash programming to work under 3.1 - it is a problem of the debugger itself. Upgrading to the latest greatest is the only option I am afraid...

Sorry.

Daniel
0 Kudos

Beta_J
Contributor I
Is there another BDM that I could fabricate myself, such as yours, that CodeWarrior's Debugger would allow to program the flash?

What do you recommend, seeing as I'm stuck with version 3.1?

Thankyou.

jeff
0 Kudos

DanielM
Contributor III
You can try one of the RS-232 based interfaces. I think I have seen something on the web somewhere, but I cannot remember where.

The other option is to invest some money and buy an interface from somebody like SofTec.

Daniel
0 Kudos