Andrew Glossop

CW IDE and using dual monitors

Discussion created by Andrew Glossop on Nov 17, 2006
Latest reply on Nov 19, 2006 by Alban Rampon
I have "upgraded" to using dual LCD monitors. I find it quite handy to have 2 copies of the CW IDE open. Using an extended desktop, I can have one IDE per screen, or one with the IDE and a document (PDF, DOC, XLS, etc) on the other. Productivity-wise, every engineer should have this :smileywink:

One thing I'd like in CW. How about adding the window size/position details into the workspace file. Then I could save 2 different workspaces. When re-opening, they would appear on the correct screen. At the moment the window position is simply written, to registry I think, for the IDE. The result is that both windows open on the screen that was last used.

I'm also having some hassle with licensing. Not unusual to get the "you're not licensed" error message.

Maybe I'm the last one to find out about the joy of multiple screens. So please let me know if there's any tips for making life even better :smileyhappy: And if I have identified a shortcoming in CW IDE, could a freescale person please submit this idea to CW dev team.

Outcomes