Cross development tools under Linux (X86_64)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross development tools under Linux (X86_64)

Petter
Contributor II
I'm new to Coldfire development even though I have some experience programming the 68k Macintosh using MPW in the mid-eighties.

I recently got a 52235EVB and managed to get a simple hello world style application up and running under Windows. However, I would like to do cross development under Linux/X86_64. I've installed a version of (gcc 4.1.0) with m68k-elf target support.

But I would like to know what options I pass to m68k-elf-gcc and m68k-elf-ld to build an object file to upload to the board. Also I would like to know if there are tools avalilable under Linux for writing the flash, or if the flash writing algorithm is described somewhere.

Petter
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Petter
Contributor II
I would like to point out that I'm not looking for an IDE. I'm perfectly happy with Emacs, a makefile, and gdb over a serial line or similar.
0 Kudos

Petter
Contributor II
Seems like

http://www.codesourcery.com/gnu_toolchains/coldfire/download.html

has most of the stuff that I'm looking for...
0 Kudos

Petter
Contributor II
I've managed to compile and link (had to change the linker script tough) a hallo world style program using the codesourcery gnu tool-chain. I uploaded the resulting srec file using the dl or dn commands in dbug.

My next question is: are there any public header files and libraries for the 5223x and the
52235evb available?
0 Kudos

Nouchi
Senior Contributor II
Hello,

You could download codeWarrior 6.3 special edition, and you will find all headers for coldfire.
http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=CWX-MCF-SE&parentCode=CWS-MCF-STDED-C...

regards,
Emmanuel
0 Kudos

Petter
Contributor II
The CW header file does not appear to contain any copyright information so I guess they should be ok to use.
0 Kudos

Petter
Contributor II
Using the CW header files seem to work, but there is more work do be done:

1) The assembly files have to be converted to GNU syntax, not a big job since it's basically to prefix register names with %

2) The linker scripts have to be converted. The link scripts (cfg files) seem to define some of the locations for __IPSBAR, __SP_INIT, etc. I'm a little uncertain on how to do this in a GNU linker or if I should define them in some of the source files.

Have anybody been through this job already? Can I find the already converted files somewhere, or something similar for the GNU environment?

Thanks
0 Kudos