Steven Arroyo

Creating a S record that will be downloaded to Flash memory HCS12 using TwinPEEKs monitor

Discussion created by Steven Arroyo on Nov 15, 2006
Latest reply on Nov 27, 2006 by CrasyCat
I am using a CardS12 from Elektronik Laden.  Onboard it carries a MC9S12DP512.  It has a monitor called TwinPEEK's that has been preinstalled in the Microcontroller.  I have been able to successfully download s records directly to ram.  I am trying to create a s record that can be dowloaded into the internal flash.  I am a bit confused about memory paging and the physical addresses of each page.  Nevertheless everytime I try The monitor says "invalid s Record".  Here is all the information I have from the manual. 

Load an S-Record file into memory. Data records of type S1 (16-bit MCU addresses) and S2 (linear 24-bit addresses) can be processed.  S0-Records (comment lines) will be skipped. S8- and S9-Records are  recognized as end-of-file mark. S2-Records use linear adresses according to Freescale guidelines.  The valid address range for the MC9S12D64 starts at 0xF0000 (0x3C * 16KB) and ends at 0xFFFFF (0x40 * 16 KB - 1).

Keep in mind that I am using the MC9s12DP512.  What steps do I need to take to progam to Flash memory?

Outcomes