BeeKit "User Defined Target" Question

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BeeKit "User Defined Target" Question

Ware
Contributor III

I am evaluating Freescale's BeeKit software (the Wireless Connectivity Toolkit configuration tool used for
ZigBee, 802.15.4, or SMAC application development).

I want to run a 802.15.4 (MAC) demo (#06) that I have running on Freescale's hardware on my hardware using a MC13213.  I have Z-Stack currently running on my hardware so I know it works.

My question is this:
 - How do I define (in the User Defined Target EDITOR), that I am using the internal T/R Antenna switch?

In Z-Stack, I modified the AntennaSelect byte of the Init_NV_RAM_Struct structure in
"MAC core\Sys\NV_Data.c" to choose the internal T/R switch functionality (instead of an I/O port controlling external T/R antenna switch).

Thanks,
 - Ware

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

Alex_RUS
Contributor I
I think this is RXTXEN signal = PTD1.

I have a problem with running 802.15.4 MAC examples on my hardware.
I configured BeeKit as platform with 2 switches and one led. When I running project on codewarrior it find that swithes 3 and 4 still exist, and I have to remoove them manualy..
Anyway, I create a coordinator and enddevice (example 5). Coordinator starts on 0x0B channel. But END device can not find it!:-(
Both devises works fine using SMAC examples such as "wireless uart".
What misstake can a make?

PS: when coordinator starts I begin transfer data on channel 15 (by another transmitter), and I see that coordinators reccever find a lot of energy on this channel.
Often I can see that a somtimes some energy exist on enother channels. I think that bluetoth from cellular phones...
0 Kudos

Ware
Contributor III

I believe the "RXTXEN signal = PTD1" is if you wanted to use an external T/R switch (I want to use the internal T/R switch that is available on the MC13213 part (in the BeeKit dev environment)).

---------------

In regards to your problem. 
 It sounds like it might be related to a "User Defined Target" issue (but probably not if the SMAC version that is working on your hardware is exported from the BeeKit dev tool as well)... 

Is the EndDevice communicating via the serial port?  If so, at which point does it fail (what is the last message it sends over the serial port?)? 

If the following normal messages are all there, do you have a ZigBee packet sniffer to verify?:
  EndDevice is sending out "MLME-Scan Request" ?
  Coord is sending the "MLME-Associate Response"?
  EndDev getting "MLME-Beacon Notify Indication"?

- Ware

Message Edited by Ware on 2006-11-0909:20 AM

0 Kudos

Alex_RUS
Contributor I
I started to use "wireless uart" pattern long time before I start to use BeeKit software. I changed all in ".h" manualy in SMAC examples. Based on it I creted romote control, and it works perfect.
When I began to think that I am understanding SMAC almost on100%, I decided to start to study MAC. And I use BeeKit to updade all MAC-examples to my platfform.

Ex5:
coordinator starts on 0x0B ch. and it prints that it waits data..
end device getting "MLME-Beacon Notify Indication", but list of deteected coordinators is empty, so it prints that "no suit coordinator found".
I also test "My Star Network" - the same result, only one difference: end device lookink for coordinator until it will be found.

It is a good idea to test "wireless uart" again using my current "user defined target", if it wont work - that will be mean that "target" is not correct, but if it will work...))) maybe my problem in RX/TX switch too.
Tomorrow I'll test that! Thank you for your help!
0 Kudos

Alex_RUS
Contributor I
I tryed BeeKit with SMAC libraries, but BeeKit do not want work with its: when I export solution BeeKit quits somewhy... maybe it is need to be reinstalled.

I tryed all MAC proejects including "My Star NetWork". Coordinator seemsed starts properly, end device also starts like it must start, but somewhy it does not find "suitable" coordindtor.. See logs:

Coordinator in hiperterminal:
MyStarNetworkDemo-Coordinator application is initialized and ready.
Initiating the Energy Detection Scan.
Sending the MLME-Scan Request message to the MAC... Done.
Recevied the MLME-Scan Confirm message from the MAC.
ED scan returned the following results:
 [ 00 00 00 00 10 00 00 00 00 00 22 00 00 06 1E 00 ].
Based on the ED scan the logical channel 0x0B was selected.
Starting as PAN coordinator on channel 0x0B
PAN Coordinator started.
Sending the MLME-Start Request message to the MAC Done.
Started the coordinator with PAN ID 0xBEEF, and short address 0xCAFE.
Ready to send and receive data over the UART.

EndDevice in hiperterminal:
Press any switch on board to start running the application.                                                          
MyStarNetworkDemo-EndDevice application is initialized and ready.                                                                
Start scanning for a PAN coordinator.                                    
Scan did not find a suitable coor                              
Scan did not find a suitable coordinator.                                        
and so on forever

I attached schematic file of my board and "user defined" configuration file for all MAC templates in BeeKit.
Mayby someone tells me - what I am doing wrong.
0 Kudos

Ware
Contributor III

After looking at your schematic, I think you are having the exact same problem I am having.  We are not able to enable the internal T/R switch...  so our RFIN_ pins are stuck as inputs and we can never transmit any signal.

If BeeKit had an SED target option we'd be ok, but I think we are going to have to configure this ourselves, because Freescale BeeKit does not take "SINGLE PORT MODE" into consideration (since all of the demo boards (except FSL564-1 SED) use "DUAL PORT MODE").

I think one of the things we'll need to do is:
   Set "RF_switch_mode" (bit 12) to 1 in "Modem Control_B Register 07"
       (see section 3.9.2 of MC1321x_RefManual)

Not sure if there is anything else we have to do if we're going to manually configure the radio's control registers for "single port operation" (to use internal T/R switch).

- Ware

0 Kudos

Alex_RUS
Contributor I
I heve taken 13213-NCD boars for a few hours.
I upload MAC example 7 to it's. And thay began to work!! But not correctly: working only on a distance less then 50mm is ok, but the distanse more than this value causes "sync is lost" message in a hiperterminal. it may be beacouse internal switch does not work/ However the enegry of transmitter correctly effects on receiver on a short dictance somehow...
After that I tasted some SMAC examples and its works on a distance up to few teens meters! 

I hope that in a new version of BeeKit this problem will be solved..
Why freescale engineers does not say anything about this problem???
0 Kudos

Mads
Contributor V
Hi,

First of all, Selecting whether the Antenna switch is external or Internal is set in the same place for the Z-stack and the Beekit MAC. In nv_data.c.

If this this it internal on a NCB/SRB board (rev. 3.0x) the range will be within centimeters..
The Rev. 3.0x board uses the external switch.
So make sure to set /*useDualAntenna*/ in nv_data.c correctly (TRUE for external switch)
(Note: some beta customer have 2.0x boards which use the internal switch and must have this set to FALSE.)

My suggestion is to start out with the NCB target, and then setting the Antenna switch acoordingly to your hardware. the reason for this is that the user_defined target editor has so many options that you can mess with and set wrong.

BR,
Mads

Message Edited by Mads on 2006-11-2609:26 PM

0 Kudos

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hi Alex,

Alex-RUS wrote:

Why freescale engineers does not say anything about this problem???

Few possible reasons come to my mind:
1- You not need any Freescale Engineer to say something, but someone who knows what you are talking about, :smileywink: (i.e. works with ZigBee/SMAC)
2- This is a 8-Bit MCU board and not ZigBee/SMAC board, therefore it is not attracting all experts who would need to dig for appropriate questions,
3- Maybe they didn't notice.

I'll ask Mads if he's got time to look at this :smileyhappy:

Alban.

PS: Point 2 is to be reviewed in the first half of 2007.
0 Kudos