cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRQ timings

NetGhost
Contributor I
Hi for all of you...

This is the first time I login to this forum, so forgive me some uncorrections that I will certainly make...

I've been working for some time in a project with an MC9S12XDP512 processor. I've been abble to put all the things working on it. AD, SPI, timers, interrupts and so on.
But, and we always have a but, I'm having some troubles with IRQ... Specially with the duration of the pulse on the IRQ pin.

If I send a small pulse to it, sooner or later I'll get a spurious interrupt. If a send a too longer pulse, I'll get it once again.

Does anyone knows where to find some information on timings for this processor?

Best regards

Paulo
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

NetGhost
Contributor I
Hi Alban...

Thanks for your post. I already realized what you tell me. Looking on doc AN2727 I found this:

" Port E.1 : IRQ

PE1 is a general purpose input pin and optional maskable interrupt request input that can provide a means of applying asynchronous interrupt requests. This will wake up the MCU from STOP or WAIT mode. By default this interrupt input is active low level sensitive but can be configured in software to falling edge sensitive. "

My only trouble is tha I can not find how to configure IRQ or XIRQ to use falling edge triggering instead of level triggering...

If you can help me on this, I'd appreciate

Best Regards

Paulo
0 Kudos

NetGhost
Contributor I
By the way,

I only have rev. 2.15 of MC9S12XDP512 Datasheet manual. That's the one I can download from this site.
I Do not know if the table you are referencing is the same, but on page 73 on this manual I have table 1-12 and it's about interrupt vector address. Table 2-1 is about CRG memory map and is on page 83.
On both tables I was not able to find information on changing interrupt triggering type...

Best Regards

Paulo

0 Kudos

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hi,

Look for the following and the picture enclosed.

IRQ Control Register (IRQCR)

Alban.
0 Kudos

NetGhost
Contributor I
Thanks a lot this solved my problem...

Best Regards

Paulo
0 Kudos

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hi Paulo,

You kind of answered your question yourself with the post Re: XIRQ Timing :smileyhappy:

Have a look Table 2-1 page 73 of datasheet MC9S12XDP512 Rev2.12.
This pin can be configured as Low Level or Falling-Edge sensitive.

If you configure as Falling-Edge, you don't care about having a double IRQ because your pulse is too long !
Ditto for XIRQ.

Alban.

0 Kudos