BDM on QG8: Question to step 3

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDM on QG8: Question to step 3

Jarda
Contributor I
I have problems with BDM on QG8 so I have tried irob's hack. My problem is, that I am not able to do step 3 - check box labeled "When initiation a debugger reset, the MCU Reset Pin should be used (else use a debug module reset)" -, because it is grayed (CW5.0, Special Edition). Is there any way, how to enable it?.

Thank you for your advices.

Message Edited by Alban on 2006-10-22 09:24 PM

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

irob
Contributor V
I assume you're talking about this post? LINK

Sounds like you're using the built-in ICD. That option is grayed out for me too, when I click the Debug icon and launch the true-time debugger. Not sure why that is.

It looks like that option is only available through the P&E Micro programmer (Multilink).

Try power cycling and even removing your power connection between cycles (ensures a full power down), as per this thread.
0 Kudos

Jarda
Contributor I
Hello irob,

You have guessed correctly a thread, about I have been talking (my mistake, that my question has not been added to the correct thread).
I am trying to use DEMO9S08QG8 board made by Axiom, but have no luck in it. Power cycling has been my idea too, but the only result is, that I reconnect the board for a short moment only. No reflashing till now, ERROR SYNC all the time.
In the meantime, I have contacted Axiom, but no success with their suggetions. Any help is welcome.
0 Kudos

Jarda
Contributor I
Because no significant advance in last few days, my question is, whether is somebody able to explain following message: "ERROR45 during script".
This message is generated by a P&E flashing system, when I start to program flash on Axiom's demo board (message about erasing has been already confirmed and after "Loading programming algorithm" message).
Maybe it could help me to find the real cause, why flashing is still not completed with success.
0 Kudos

peg
Senior Contributor IV
Hi Jarda,

Error 45 is "Can not talk to cable"

Also the option to use the reset pin is probably greyed when you are using QG8 as there is no reset pin on these out of reset and possibly never unless it is explicitly enabled by the users code.

Regards
David

0 Kudos

Jarda
Contributor I
Hi peg,

Thank you for an explanation. Today I solve my troubles when I have installed CW 5.1. After its installation it reflashed P&E USB debug module on my Axiom's DEMO9S08QG8 board to v5.55 (from v5.51) and together with newer ICD software (v 1.40) everything is working fine now. I am able to reflash MCU without "no sync" and "error 45".

Jarda
0 Kudos