can OSBDM be used outside of CW?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can OSBDM be used outside of CW?

baddad
Contributor I
What would be needed to use the OSBDM in a control program outside of CW?

The API and dll exists, but wouldn't I need a programming personality file?
If so, would the ones provided in CW 5.1 work?

Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Brian
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

celsoken
Contributor V
Dear Brian,

We are interested in that situation too. We are developing a test equipment and we'll need a BDM connection to program the UUTs/S08QGx in the middle of the test sequence. Commercial tools do not provide the protection levels we need, our FMEA shows possibility of higher voltages (28V) that burn(ed) our tools, so we intend to change to OSBDM and increase (hw) BDM protection levels. Also ss the  QGx programming take place in the middle of test procedure, and we do not want (Human) operator intervention, we are interested in placing BDM commands directly.

We are starting in a couple of weeks and I think we'll have results is 3-4 wks. If you know something before that, we'll appreciate that. Otherwise, we'll let you know our progresses.

Regards,

Celso

0 Kudos

baddad
Contributor I
Celso,

Were you ever able to get this working?

Thanks,
BadDad
0 Kudos

celsoken
Contributor V
Strange things happens, I never saw you question. If you still need the answer: Yep, it ran ok but (still) under CW and P&E USB multilink. We added some glue electronics for protection and it is still running production lots ok. But the ATE has to call a part of CW tool to program the devices.

Cheers,

Celso
0 Kudos