ROM

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROM

Balthor
Contributor I

I have a memory stick.This device will hold whatever files I record in to it.There is probably some firmware in this stick so that the computer can identify it as a memory stick and so on. Assembly tells the computer exactly what to do--step by step--zeros and ones--magnetic blips.I can unplug the memory stick and it will retain the files that I have recorded in to it.The memory stick is a voltage erasable ROM device.(think of audio tape)If I could not erase the memory stick it would be a ROM device.If I had a device that had a memory chip with assembly recorded in it and there were no provisions for erasing in the circuit it would be a ROM chip.A magnetic recording in a chip that could not be erased.In my microwave oven there is a such a ROM chip.Somebody has programmed the chip to be a function controller for a microwave oven.The assembly commands like START and STOP are tied to the pins of the chip.I see a software module system for the writing of this ROM program--like Synth Edit or Synth Maker.I see the BIOS and CPU as memory chips.I also see that the operating system is to be installed into the CPU.Assembly runs on its own.Microsoft in the end is assembly.You would have to access the ROM program level of the BIOS to do this.Once in the BIOS you would turn on the(fax) file filters and that would be the end of virus.250 ghz and higher is attained by correct ROM level BIOS control.The below link contains samples of my work.

(removed link to advertisement website)                   

Message Edited by Alban on 2006-10-03 07:21 AM

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

peg
Senior Contributor IV
Yes, this drivel is what you think it is!

Permission to delete this along with the rest of the thread, granted.

Message Edited by peg on 2006-10-0210:04 AM

0 Kudos

Balthor
Contributor I
The Rom program in your garage door opener,microwave oven,calculator or wrist watch is assembly.Assembly runs and the commands are followed.Pulses of DC.The DC voltage bit is recorded at a voltage and that voltage is read or produced when the chip is clocked pulsed.This is magnetic memory-- CMOS.Think of audio tape.I press START and the microwave oven starts.As an example a constant five volts is sent to,say,a relay.The assembly program needs no file interpreter.In a computer the assembly files are read or copied from the hard drive to the RAM memory.It's RAM because there is an erase or refresh voltage that clears the chip.The operating system is now running in the computer's RAM.The operating system's assembly files are running on their own in the RAM.The BIOS sets up the computer's frequencies,voltages and so on.

Message Edited by Balthor on 2006-10-0201:38 PM

Message Edited by Balthor on 2006-10-0201:39 PM

0 Kudos

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Dear Balthor,

Can you please get somewhere or explain what your goal is ?
Without more information the thread will be either locked or deleted.

We are forced to remove non pertinent posts if we want to keep a high quality and easy to navigate Forum.

Cheers,
Alban.
0 Kudos

Balthor
Contributor I
Dear Alban:
    My goal is to start a discussion on the function of memory chips in the Motorola forum.I have given an in depth discourse on this topic.Assembly is used in the electronics industry and I thought I'd shed some light as to how.If you could comment specifically on an area in my submissions that would be nice.
0 Kudos