Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code Completion produces Unhandled Exception Error

patvid
Contributor I
Hi all,

Please have a look at code snippet below : 

Code:

/* * File:  main.c * Purpose:  sample program * */typedef struct { int   value;} T_StructA;typedef struct {  T_StructA   *structA;} T_StructB;void funcA(void);void funcB(T_StructB *structB);void funcA(void){    T_StructA structA;  T_StructB this;  //Initialization    this.structA = &structA; (this.structA)->value = 0;  //Problem when typing call to funcB:  //When typing opening bracket, Code Completion produces Unhandled Exception Error  //This error does not occur when either :  // - Code Completion is disabled  // - "(this.structA)->value = 0;" is written "this.structA->value = 0;"  // - local variable "this" is renamed to any other name  funcB();}void funcB(T_StructB *structB) {  return;  }int main(){}

As explained in the comment Code Completion raises an unhandled exception error when typing the opening brace of call to funcB.

The error message is :
"CodeWarrior encountered an unhandled exception 0xc0000005 at address 0x02a5366a)
(The memory at address 0x00000004 could not be read)
Chose 'Abort' to end the program, 'Retry' to debug, or 'Ignore' to continue (at your own risk !)"

When selecting 'Ignore' the execution continues normally, but it is painful because each time Code Completion is invoked the error message comes, whatever function call is typed.

Any already encountered this problem ?

Regards
Patrick
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
I tried this code with HC12 V4.1 and V4.5, both worked actually. The did display funcB's parameter type when I entered the (.
So which version of which tool do you use?

Daniel
0 Kudos

patvid
Contributor I
Oh yes sorry, I forgot to mention which version of the tool we are using.

So we have this problem with :
- CodeWarrior for ColdFire v5.1, Build 31. The version of the IDE is 5.6.1.1570.
- CodeWarrior for HC08 v3.1, Build 4210. The version of the IDE is 5.6.1.1506.

Also, Code Completion seems not to be invoked when the file is open outside of a project. Indeed the problem occurs only if a project containing this source file is opened.

Regards
Patrick
0 Kudos