cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5329 + TFT : flicker problem

nafiton
Contributor I
Hello
I connected a 640*480 TFT to a Cobra 5329 board. I have no image on screen with the original software, so we try with a test program. After a few tests, I went back to the original freescale driver values and I got the tft to work. But I have some flicker on the screen being the pixel clock frequency 7MHZ and the vertical refresh 14 Hz. I start to change the MCF_LCDC_LPCR_PCD value to get higher frequency but then the screen lose the synchronization and I am not able to adjust it.
I must be losing something with the registers but I can not find it. Somebody did it work with a similar TFT? Can you give me a hint on what to look for?
Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

cobratux
Contributor I

Hi nafiton,
are you using Linux as OS or trying the Freescale demo projects for CodeWarrior? The COBRA5329 Linux BSP V1.0 used a very slow pixel clock frequency because of the internal bus traffic on MCF5329. In the meanwhile there were done some optimizations (TFT controller priority on internal cross-bar switch, color depth etc.) so it's possible to speed up the pixel clock frequency to a much higher value. All "official" COBRA5329 demo software for VGA resolution is done by Emlix (www.emlix.com) and for Linux. Besides we changed to a QVGA display because this is typically requested by most COBRA5329 users.

0 Kudos

nafiton
Contributor I
Hi cobratux.
We are working on uclinux. Changing the priority to maximum for the LCD controller solved that problem here. Thanks.
0 Kudos