Coldfire: code completion \ build extras -prefix_file Path question

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coldfire: code completion \ build extras -prefix_file Path question

james_edwards
Contributor I
I'm new to CodeWarror and I'm trying to get the code completion to work.

I found a file in my project called "mwerks_prefex.h"
is this the "prefix" file I need to provide the path to when I change Browser Data from "compiler" to "language parser"?

Thanks

Message Edited by CrasyCat on 2007-04-13 11:26 AM

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Which codewarrior are you using?
I grepped over my current installations, but I did not find any mwerks_prefex.h.

Anyway, the "language parser" is more or less unaware of the special things in your target, so its prefix file should contain all the defines the compiler does implicitely, and more specifically all the defines your code does actually test but not define.
Also some target specific, non ANSI-C syntax elements could be hidden by the prefix file from the language parser so it does not get out of sync.
As prefix files were in the past often used by CW tools to implement build target specific setups, I would guess that this file is for building the app and not for the language parser (but I'm really only guessing here). If so, the language parser's prefix file could include it but it should also define more compiler specific macros.

Daniel
0 Kudos

james_edwards
Contributor I
Daniel,

Thanks for the reply.  I thought I "clicked" the E-mail me if someone replies to this.  Maybe my Spam killer, killed the email.

You asked...

>Which codewarrior are you using? 

I'm using CW 5.7.0 and an MCF5485 target.

>I grepped over my current installations, but I did not find any mwerks_prefex.h.

I turns out that mwerks_prefix.h ( my typo in the original post) is simply a .h file to #define the underscore"_" for C functions.

I still want to get the code completion feature to work in CodeWarrior.  My "other editor" is CodeWrite6.5 which keeps a "code sense" symbol data base that I think works with the a compiler dependant language parser( old compiler was Cosmic) and has some awsome code completion for variables,  structure members, function names, and function paramiters. 

Funny how an ancient DOS based tool seems to out preform all the new editors???

0 Kudos