Christian Wimmer

Problem with reprogramming the QT4A

Discussion created by Christian Wimmer on Aug 13, 2006
Latest reply on Aug 15, 2006 by David Payne
Hello everybody,

i'm a neeby in programming freescale MCUs. At work we have the  MC68DEMOQTY and it was easy to program the MCU. At home i've tried to build a simple circuit. For this i used the AN2305. To programm the MCU i'm using the CW 5.7.

With the first program i want to switch the LED on and off by pressing the switch.

Code:
#include <hidef.h> /* for EnableInterrupts macro */#include "derivative.h" /* include peripheral declarations */void MCU_init(void){  /*** ### MC68HC908QT4 "Cpu" init code ... ***/  /*** PE initialization code after reset ***/  /* System clock initialization */  /* Common initialization of the write once registers */  /* CONFIG1: COPRS=0,LVISTOP=0,LVIRSTD=0,LVIPWRD=0,LVI5OR3=0,SSREC=0,STOP=0,COPD=1 */  CONFIG1 = 0x01;                                        /* CONFIG2: IRQPUD=0,IRQEN=0,OSCOPT1=0,OSCOPT0=0,RSTEN=0 */  CONFIG2 = 0x00;                                        /* Common initialization of the write once registers */  OSCTRIM = *(unsigned char*far)0xFFC0; /* Initialize OSCTRIM register from a non volatile memory */  /* Common initialization of the CPU registers */  /* PTAPUE: OSC2EN=0 */  PTAPUE &= (unsigned char)~0x80;                                /* ### Init_GPIO init code */  /* PTA: PTA1=1 */  PTA |= (unsigned char)0x02;                                 /* PTAPUE: PTAPUE2=1,PTAPUE1=0 */  PTAPUE = (PTAPUE & (unsigned char)~0x02) | (unsigned char)0x04;   /* DDRA: DDRA1=1 */  DDRA |= (unsigned char)0x02;                                 /* ### */ /* Common peripheral initialization - ENABLE */  /* KBSCR: ACKK=1,IMASKK=0 */  KBSCR = (KBSCR & (unsigned char)~0x02) | (unsigned char)0x04;   asm CLI;                             /* Enable interrupts */} /*MCU_init*/void main(void) {  /* Uncomment this function call after using Device Initialization     to use the generated code */  MCU_init();  EnableInterrupts; /* enable interrupts */  /* include your code here */  for(;;) {    if(PTA_PTA2 == 0) PTA_PTA1 = 1;    __RESET_WATCHDOG(); /* feeds the dog */  } /* loop forever */  /* please make sure that you never leave this function */}

After compiling the file i've started the debuger and transfered the program with the Mon08 serial Cable into the MCU. The Configuration was Class 3 calble, Baud Rate: 9600, No Rest button.
During the programming process i've pressed the Button at /IRQ and switched the supply power on and off.

When i want to reprogramm the MCU i could not conect to the MCU any longer. The Connection Summary was YNNNN

Thank you for your help

With best regards

Christian Wimmer

Outcomes