cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I activate the C Structure element viewer

Jump to solution
mcu_guy
Contributor I
I am currently working with Codewarrior the HCS12 version 3.1.  Until recently, when I began typing a structure variable in the IDE, a small tool tip window popped up and displayed all of the elements in the structure.  It then allow me to select an element from the list and automatically added the text to my code.  "Something happened" recently to my project file and I no longer have that feature activated. 

How do reactivate the structure element viewer?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Well, I dont know where your problem is from. So I can also suggest what I would try.
- delete the {ProjectName}_Data folder. That stuff is all rebuilt.
- check if the code completion does not work at all, or just not for your case.
When you add a simple test.c with its own struct definition and use of it, does it work there? Maybe the language parser is confused by some constructs in your code or does not get the preprocessor defines right.

Well, I'm only guessing around, sorry.

Daniel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hi,

Hmm. Was code completion already supported for HC12 V3.1?
With recent CW editions (not sure of 3.1), there is a global setting Edit->Preferences->Editor->Code Completion.

In the target settings, the Build Extras, Generate Browser Data From also has an influence. When set to Language parser a generic parser builds the necessary data structures across files, when set to Compiler, it only does the parsing on a per file bases.
I saw in the past also that the language parser gets confused by HLI Snippets inside of C code. The compiler does not have those problems, but he does not provide enough information for the code completion.

Code completion can also be manually invoked with Ctrl-Space

Daniel
mcu_guy
Contributor I
Thanks for the help.  :smileyhappy:

Unfortunately, the code completion still is not working.  I checked all of the settings you mentioned and it is still not working.

The version of the IDE is version 5.5.1272

I opened an older project file and code completion works in that project.  I suspect I accidently turned that option off.  At this point, I'd rather not create another project if I can just turn the option back on.

Any other pointers that may help me narrow down my search?

Thanks,

Message Edited by mcu_guy on 2006-08-08 12:08 PM

0 Kudos
CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Well, I dont know where your problem is from. So I can also suggest what I would try.
- delete the {ProjectName}_Data folder. That stuff is all rebuilt.
- check if the code completion does not work at all, or just not for your case.
When you add a simple test.c with its own struct definition and use of it, does it work there? Maybe the language parser is confused by some constructs in your code or does not get the preprocessor defines right.

Well, I'm only guessing around, sorry.

Daniel
0 Kudos