Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deprecated or depreciated

Bruce_andrew
Contributor I
Having installed CW HC(S)08 5.1, I now get this error:

This file, mc68hc908gz60.inc, is no longer supported or has been depreciated

2 things:

1) the file was included in a new project by processor expert. obviously it should have included the current file

2) seems to be an extra "i" in deprecated :smileyhappy:

BTW, I also don't like how CW installs. If I already have 5.0 installed, why doesn't it upgrade 5.0 to 5.1. Why does it install a new verison in a new folder. Is there a good reason for this?
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

UK_CF_FAE
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Consider the life of a Freescale FAE.

On my PC tonight I have CW for HC08 V3.1.1, V5.0, V5.1 CW for S12, S12X, ColdFire 6.1, 6.3 BETA, 6.3 Release, DSCs 6.0, 7.1, 7.3 ..... about 12 copies in all. We need to have multiple version so that we can help all you guys with whatever CW version you have.

If CW automatically installed 5.1 over 5.0, all you guys with 5.0 would get no technical support on your legacy products...

Now, installing 5.1 over 5.0 ... that's a great idea....:smileyvery-happy:

Bruce_andrew
Contributor I
I think I've seen that laptop...and very recently. Not enough disk space for it all either. Does CW *really* need to be half a gig :smileyhappy:

I understand that automatically overwriting your older version might not be nice. But surely it's default action, and ask for confirmation, should be to update the existing app. That's how most other stuff works :smileyhappy:

I understand the requirements for a FAE. I also understand the hassle of having to port from one version to another, when it really doesn't have to be difficult.

Anyway...it's a minor issue, compared with all the other issues with CW right now.
0 Kudos