Filling the Gaps in my Embedded Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filling the Gaps in my Embedded Education

mjcoury
Contributor I
I am looking for a resource to fill in the gaps in my embedded knowledge regarding the HCS08, and I feel that there must be a document that completely covers the HCS08 chip...

for example... Flash programming.

It has taken no less than 3 seperate documents to determine what size a Page is, that you have to erase before you program, that infact the address and the data is stored on the stack and in a register...

I find it very frustrating that there is not a single document that covers how to program this chip and that it is because I am most likely missing something as opposed to that document not existing.

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

irob
Contributor V
For programming, save yourself the headaches and just invest in a P&E USB multilink which does all that for you. It'll pay for itself very quickly! I've used P&E for the past 5+ years and I'm happy enough to stick with them. Pretty reasonable tech support and response time.

Or you can go with the competition, SofTec. I have not used their products, so I can't vouch for them personally. But they are slightly cheaper.

And of course there's always the Open Source BDM programmer. I've not tried that yet, but it seems very promising.
0 Kudos