FRED WEDEMEIER

Cloning a BSP

Discussion created by FRED WEDEMEIER on Apr 9, 2012
Latest reply on Apr 16, 2012 by UK_CF_FAE

I found the method described in the AN-4287 porting guide a bit cumbersome, time-consuming, and error prone. Especially if the new BSP includes mfs, rtcs, and the other subsystems. So I spent part of an evening building the attached .bat file that takes two command-line parameters: A delivered MQX BSP name and a new custom BSP name. End result of execution is a cloned set of files and folders with the new BSP name in the root MQX folder. This for the IAR tool set, which is the one I have licensed. Open the new .eww, click batch build all, and wait for the build to complete. I'm guessing that the same technique should work for cw10 and uv4.

The .bat uses the sed stream editor to make name changes within the cloned files. If you don't have it, it's available as open source. I use the one from the GnuWin32 project.

Usual disclaimers apply. It works for me. Your mileage may vary. No warranty expressed or implied. Not liable for any ugly things that might happen.

Freescale, if you're listening, please consider productizing this to make life a bit easier for your users.

Original Attachment has been moved to: 33-cloneBSP.bat

Outcomes