cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Codewarrior USB TAP

rrc
Contributor I
Hello.

Perhabs somebody can help with my problem.

I am using the USB TAP with the Codewarrior for 56800/E DSC v7.3 + ROHS USB TAP update. All worked fine at the beginning. But now i get an error message, when i want to start debugging. CCS Cable disconnected. I checked the cable accurately and everything is correct. Also i do not change something at the hardware side.
I made a log with the CSS tool:

received CMD_CONFIG_CHAIN. count = 0
command done - Ok
Connection #1 accepted from localhost at Fri Jul 14 08:51:01 2006 Received CMD_CHECK_MIN_VERSION command done - Ok Received CMD_AVAILABLE_CONNECTIONS command done - Ok Received CMD_DELETE_CC command done - Ok Received CMD_SETUP_CC.CC = utap: command done - Ok Received CMD_CONFIG_CHAIN. count = 1
core 0: HawkV2
0: USB TAP (JTAG) (utap: ) Loader software ver. {1.0}
Sending code to USB TAP - please wait
Sending CMD_SERVER_ALIVE
Sending CMD_SERVER_ALIVE
Sending CMD_SERVER_ALIVE
Received an unknown command 46
USB TAP command done - Ok
Received CMD_RESET_TO_DEBUG
USB TAP command done - Cable disconnected
Received CMD_CONFIG_CHAIN. count = 0

I deinstalled Codewarrior and installed it again, but nothing changed.
Does someone have an ideas what could be the issue with the USB TAP.

Thanks for your help

Lars
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

batchu
Contributor I
Hi,

We have  CodeWrrior for DSP56800 Ver 8.0,USB Tap and 8367 EVB from freescale .By using Parallel cable we are able to connect EVB and we are able to download the Code with out any error.But when we tried to down load the Code using USB Tap we are ending up with an error
 "CCS Protocolplugin :CCS:USB open failure" We have two USB Taps and with this two we are getting the sam error. So please let me know is there any settings/patches required for this?In the Codewarrior connection server its showing message "USB open failure " in red color .

0 Kudos

kenc
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hi Lars,

Have you changed any of the project settings?  Particularly the JTAG speed or the JTAG configuration file - what speed are you using?  You're getting the cable disconnected error because of a communications failure between the USB TAP and the target, but it's not clear why communications are failing.  Another thing you can try is to delete ccs/bin/utap.bin.  This file is autogenerated, and its possible that it it didn't get regenerated after you installed the RoHS patch.

Ken
0 Kudos