cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5213 Bootloader

Rocko
Contributor I
Hi,

I need to code (using CW) a Bootloader for the MCF5213 and am looking for documentation/examples.  I can erase/write flash no problem but need help on memory management as I want to put the Bootloader in one 128K segment and load/run the app from the other.

Any help much appreciated?

Thanks

R

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

alsuren
Contributor I
I'm planning to do the same thing, and my plan is to look at the code in the dBUG monitor (source code for each board is available on the coldfire site, so diffs might be useful. Don't have a link off-hand, but it shows up on their site search.)

Not done it yet, so I don't know how useful it is.

At present, I'm trying to get my gcc cross compiler to behave itself with a minimal project, so that I can understand the fundamentals. That way, I'm more likely to be able to get myself out of trouble if something goes wrong later on.

Please post back with any interesting findings, because we're using the same cpu, and you might discover something that will help me out later :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by alsuren on 2006-08-07 10:20 AM

0 Kudos

ras
Contributor I
Hi,

Have you progrees with the bootloader, I'm using the MCF52235 and need to implemnt a bootloade from the Ethernet.
Every help will be appreciated.

Ras
0 Kudos

LAJ
Contributor I
Hi Ras,

Have you any progrees with your Ethernet bootloader ?

/LAJ

0 Kudos