How can I download my s19 file to a specfied address, like 0x1010?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I download my s19 file to a specfied address, like 0x1010?

cc_aa
Contributor I
Hi All
  I'm just a very beginner on Microcontroller. I'm using TBDML tool and MC9S12KT256. I have three basic questions when using hiwave.exe of CodeWarrior4.1.
  1, CodeWarrior4.1 supports MC9S12KT256?
  2, Can I download my s19 file to Micro-P flash just by using TBDML?
  3, How can I download my s19 file to a specfied address, like 0x1010?

Thanks!
cc.aa

0 Kudos
8 Replies

cc_aa
Contributor I

I mean how to convert s19 file to ppt file?

Thanks!

cc.aa

0 Kudos

imajeff
Contributor III
If a "ppt" file is a Cosmic format, it sounds like you should ask them.
0 Kudos

cc_aa
Contributor I
你好!
  Thanks!
   Now I can link to target. The problem is I put my dll under a chinese folder name and  the codewarrior does not recongnize it.
  Here I have another question, how to convert a ptp format file(cosmic software output format) to s file? Is there any available tool that I can use?

Thanks!
cc.aa

Message Edited by t.dowe on 2009-10-26 02:03 PM
0 Kudos

cc_aa
Contributor I

HI

I answer your questions with red marks below. I admit my questions are not good enough, however, what I try to do is just to flash a S19 file into micro-p, and that's all. I didn't forecast that could be so terrible. Before this, I had no any experience of micro-P operations

Hi again,

Just let me establish what I am looking at here:

Please answer the following

1. You have built and programmed a TBDML?

I got a TBDML tool from China Tsinghua university, http://www.tsinghua-mot.net/kfgj/TBDML.htm

2. You have never used it before and so don't know if it works?

I never had the experience of it.

3. You have a fresh install of Codewarrior that you have never used to programme a MCU before?

Yes

4. You have a MCU on some kind of (homemade?) board that you have never programmed before?

Yes

5. So basically you don't know if anything works?

Yes

I am not trying to be smart here, just trying to narrow down the possible problem areas. At the moment there appears to be a thoasand possible issues.

Regards David

0 Kudos

peg
Senior Contributor IV

Ni Hao, (你好)

Ok, start from the begining.

When you plug in the TBDML does the computer make the ding, dong sound, like when you plug in USB peripherals?

Start CW then goto the hiwave debugger (or just run hiwave.exe from the prog directory. Then in the command window type "set gdi" without the quotes(").

Now one of the LED's on the TBDML should be flashing. On the status line at the bottom it should change from "No link to target" to "Target Ready". You don't need to connect the TBDML to anything to get this far.

I see in the picture that it has two leds. I assume one is power and one is the led i am talking about.

Let me know how you go.

Regards David (大伟)

0 Kudos

cc_aa
Contributor I
I failed to flash, even I can not link to target. My steps are:

1, Prepare a Micro-P of MC9S12KT256
2, Apply voltage on VDD=5V
3, Connect Micro-P Pins of "Reset", "GND", "BKND", to my TBDML tool. My TBDML is connected
4, Open Hiwave.exe and select menu of component-->set target. in followed dialog, select HC12 and GDI Target interface, then press OK, another dialog popups up and select "path and name of the GDI DLL". This DLL is downloaded from Malik provided DLL.
5, then there comes error of no link to target

I don't know why I can not link to target? How can I do it in order to enable link to target?

Thanks!
cc.aa
0 Kudos

peg
Senior Contributor IV

Hi again,

Just let me establish what I am looking at here:

Please answer the following

1. You have built and programmed a TBDML?

2. You have never used it before and so don't know if it works?

3. You have a fresh install of Codewarrior that you have never used to programme a MCU before?

4. You have a MCU on some kind of (homemade?) board that you have never programmed before?

5. So basically you don't know if anything works?

I am not trying to be smart here, just trying to narrow down the possible problem areas. At the moment there appears to be a thoasand possible issues.

Regards David

0 Kudos

peg
Senior Contributor IV

Hi cc.aa,

1. Don't know. Can you select it as the target?

2. Yes, along with CodeWarrior!

3. Only by ensuring the s19 file is generated with the correct addresses within it. i.e. tell the programme that generates the S19 file where you want it to go.

0 Kudos