MC13192 - ZigBee (Problem)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC13192 - ZigBee (Problem)

Alexandre_Mello
Contributor II
Is anyone there working with the MC13192??

I have designed a Board with the MC13192 using the MCU MC9S08GB60 and using the CLKo to drive the MCU.

I adapted the SMAC4_1A software (Simple MAC and Demonstration Applications for MC1319x Family) to function on my board, but the software crashes every time I try to do a Tx or Rx operation. (The crash occurs when I assert the RXTXEN pin). When the crash occurs the debug in CodeWarrior looses contact with the board, and I receive the messege "Frequency change to ~0hz"

Someone knows if there is some configuration on the MC13192 that is wrong and could be doing this?
I think the problem may be that, since I'm using the CLKo to drive the MCU, it looses the clock, but I expected it would return after the Transmission was done.
Labels (1)
4 Replies

alex_spotw
Contributor III
Hi Allexandre:

The default clock CLKo out the MC13192 is 32Khz. Assumming that you are using Processor Expert, The GB60 will start using the internal oscillator, and try to change to the External Clock input. This means that you have to configure the MC13192 to generate the desired clock (if it not the 32Khz default), before the GB60 changes to the External Clock.

Now, assuming that all that is working, you cannot reset the MC13192 from the MCU, otherwise this will create a loss of the external clock, which probably reset the MCU as well. Does your routines reset the MC13192 before TX or RX?

Regards,

Alex
0 Kudos

Alexandre_Mello
Contributor II
I'm not using Processor Expert. I'm using the project SMAC4_1a provided by Freescale in CodeWarrior 3.1. I've modified the project to reflect the changes in my board to the SARD board, but I just modified I/O ports, not any major modification.

The crash occours when I use the "RTXENAssert()" function of the SMAC4_1a.
The function declaration in SMA_1a is as follows:

"#define RTXENAssert() MC13192_RTXEN = 1;"

MC13192_RTXEN is defined as follows:
"#define MC13192_RTXEN PTCD_PTCD3"

The crash occours everytime I use this function, even when I'm doing just a Energy Detect.
0 Kudos

BillLang
Contributor I
I don't know if you've gotten this resolved or not but I'm fighting with CLKO problems myself. I also discovered that the CLKO pin stops when RXTXEN is asserted. Since I wasn't running the debugger, my symptom was missing time. Anyway my real problem is that my CLKO wasn't stopping when I went to Doze mode. In trying to fix the problem, I tried clearing the setting clko_doze_en bit in the CONTROL_B ($07) register thinking maybe documentation had the polarity inverted. Well, it didn't fix my problem but it did enable the CLKO when RXTXEN was asserted. Good luck.

alex_spotw
Contributor III
Hi:

Does your code generate any warnings?

Are you sure that the electrical conections are correct? Maybe the RTXEN pin is connected to the MC13192 reset pin?

Let us know!

Regards,

Alex
0 Kudos