cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging hc12

israel
Contributor I
Hello,

I am new programmer in freescale. I am developing with codewarrior version 4.2.5.766. I inherited an existing project using the MC12S12DP256. this project uses the High wave for debugging together with the P&E for hc12.

Under the project setting I see the check box of using  External debugger and the hiwave.exe is directed. Few questions:
1. Can I use the IDE instead of the hiwave  to debug the hc12?
2. If the asnwer is Yes what do i need to do?
3. How can I use multi breakpoints to debug?
4. when I use the HiWave for debug and i go step by step I am jumping to one of the timming interrupt what can i do to overcome this?

Roy   

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Lundin
Senior Contributor IV
1. Can I use the IDE instead of the hiwave to debug the hc12?

No

3. How can I use multi breakpoints to debug?

The hardware supports 2 breakpoints, so that is how many you get in the debugger.

4. when I use the HiWave for debug and i go step by step I am jumping to one of the timming interrupt what can i do to overcome this?

Disable the timer while debugging. Click on the 'I' bit in the CCR from the debugger to disable interrupts momentarily.
0 Kudos

israel
Contributor I
"Click on the 'I' bit in the CCR from the debugger to disable interrupts momentarily"  .... can you give some more information about it
0 Kudos

rocco
Senior Contributor II
The debugger displays the condition-code register (CCR) as a string of condition-code flags, one letter per flag. The ones that are set will be black, and the ones that are cleared will be gray.

If you double-click on any of the condition-code flag bits, it will toggle. If interrupts are enabled, the "I" bit will be gray. You can mask all interrupts by double-clicking on the "I" bit to set it.

I need to do this on every breakpoint, since I always have interrupts enabled (except in an ISR), and the timers and SCI are always running. I wish it could be done automatically.
0 Kudos