cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Problem programming Nitron 68hc908qt4

fidellyo
Contributor I
Hi there

I had post previously about my problem programming Nitron 68hc908qt4, and a Bigmac tried to help me out(thank you so much tacking time for me).
But now, I was trying program the flash memory with no success with the code in the application AN2305 to program the new Mon08.( I am getting an error after erasing the entire flash memory, error 48, and after that I am note able anymore to program the flash with any code...... )

I used an external programmer to enter the normal monitor mode, I branch it to the 16 pin header( because I need Vtst, and external Xtal)..

I don't know what to do now...
Any idea will help me I appreciate ....
Thank you so much.

Regards.
Fidellyo

BigMac answer:/*
The problem you are experiencing is probably due to a bug in the user monitor. This is covered in some detail within Engineering Bulletin EB615.

The error is associated with the user monitor CONFIG1 setting, and once it has occurred, unfortunately the user monitor (a corrected version) must be re-programmed, after erasing the entire flash memory.

Regards,
Mac*/
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

glork
Contributor I
Hi Fidellyo.
I'm unclear as to how you are trying to program the QT4 but I went through this a few years ago and this is what happened:
1. I finally found a vendor called Smith Machine Works that sold an inexpensive (approx. $80.00us)Nitron programming board. I bought this.
2. I found a freeware hc08 assembler
3. I got a programming/de-bugging program from NoIce (appro. $90.00??)

I've been programming Nitrons for 4 years with this system and its been completely reliable and error free. I still use it today.
ron
0 Kudos

fidellyo
Contributor I
Hi Ron.
thanks for your reply, i am using a programmer that i build my self, i found the schematics via internet(http://www.68hc08.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=30).it has the same connector to the MC68DEMOQT4 BOARD.

the problem isn't with the programmer ( i am sure) because i can get throw mon08 mode with no problem.

do you think that the problem is maybe software( with codeWarrior 5.7??)..

Regards
Fidellyo
0 Kudos

glork
Contributor I
Hi Fidellyo.
Since you built your own programmer I don't know what to tell you because I don't know what kind of programmer you have.
The system I described in my previous post works with the built-in Mono8 (or whatever its called). This was never an issue for me because the NOICE debugger took care of all that; I just handed it an S19 file that gets generated by the assembler.

I use codewarrior a lot but only with the BDM type devices, never with Mon08 types. I really wouldn't know how to do that.

If you are using absolute assembly why don't you try the NOICE debugger? They have a 30-day free trial package. If your programmer works correctly this will burn your S19 file into the QT4.
ron
0 Kudos