cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC55xx: From CodeWarrior to WinIDEA

Maria
Contributor I
Hi!

I'm compiling my project in CodeWarrior and want to run the application on my MPC5554 board through WinIDEA debugger. I don't seem to get this going though! The assembly instructions I get up in my WinIDEA (Isystem) window doesn't fit with the map file from my CodeWarrior project, ie the main instructions arn't where they should be according to the map file (actually, I can't find them at all). Has anybody tried to do this before and can give some hint?

To clearify what I've been doing:
  • I've activated in the CodeWarrior target an external debugger so that WinIDEA opens and downloads the file automoatically when I click on debug. Right now, I've just tried to get some Cookbook code running on the board.

• I want to debug from SRAM. Therefore the emulator setting is set to start from 40000000h instead of BAM and I've added a .ini file to make up for it (same on as for the Gnu project that worked on my board).

• When I single step, this seems to work fine, only the instructions are wrong.

• When I run gnu projects accompanied with the WinIDEA everything works fine and the assembly file in the window makes sense.

I would be very happy for some help, I really need it...

/Maria

Message Edited by CrasyCat on 2007-04-13 11:21 AM

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Maria
Contributor I
I just wanted to add, that I can run the code from the flash without any problem. It is only when I try to do the same but from the SRAM that it doesn't work.
0 Kudos

andrei
Contributor I
I have a similar problem, only you seem to be slightly more advanced in solving it.

I am also using the CodeWarrior Toolchain and the WinIdea debugger.

My problem is this:
I can get the code to jump from the RCHW to the __start function. However when entering the function it starts acting erratically. I understand that there are some initializations to be performed before running actual C programs, but I haven't a very good ideea as to what exactly I need to initialize.

Also something that I noticed is that the R1 register (stack pointer) has a value that is different than the one in the MAP file. Things seem to start working after I manually write the value in the MAP file (by start working I mean that it enters the __start function).

Any help on the matter is appreciated.

Thanx 

0 Kudos

Arev
Contributor III

Hello,

I'am using WinIDEA and CodeWarrior 6.2 on a MCF5235EVB Board.

But I made a WinIDEA project for my application and I only use Codewarrior Command Line Tools for compilation. (it is heavier than using CodeWarrior project).

My software is running from SDRAM and works well.

Arev

:smileywink:

0 Kudos