13192SARD Board accelerometer demonstration

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

13192SARD Board accelerometer demonstration

bballmangc
Contributor I
I had two 13192 Sard boards talking to each other, then one time I turned them on and on one board all of the LEDs are now lit up instead of only flashing once linked to other board.  Any ideas on how to fix?  Boards will not talk to each other now.  The only variation i tried was to put in a different voltage instead of where the Z axis accelerometer inputted to.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

rogernightman
Contributor I

It seems that your board has started in Bootloader mode.

I suggest you to check the chapter 3 of the embedded bootloader reference manual.  You will need to download the accelerometer image again.  The manual can be found in www.freescale.com/zigbee

Good luck!

0 Kudos

bballmangc
Contributor I
I'm kind of new at this so I don't know for sure about the BDM?  I am just trying to run the accelerometer demonstration, and it was working properly but now it isn't...all of the LEDs turn on every time I hit the on switch, when they used to stay off then one of them would blink once they started talking to each other.  Any help would be appreciated.   I started reading through the spec sheets from freescale websites but they weren't too much help, any thoughts on any more instructions for use for this?
0 Kudos

peg
Senior Contributor IV

Hi,

I was trying to determine whether there is any sign of life.

Did YOU programme the SARD or did it arrive pre-programmed?

Can you see any sign of life? All the leds coming on and just staying on doesn't necessarily mean it is alive.

Regards David

0 Kudos

bballmangc
Contributor I

The board was preprogrammed to work with the accelerometer demonstration, and it had been working fine, i took a few of the jumpers off then when i put them back on the only sign of life I have is that the 4 LEDs turn on anytime i flip the switch.  The other board still works fine and tries to communicate with the non-working board but I know they aren't communicating to the accelerometer part of the demo,

How would I test for signs of life?

Thanks
gabe

0 Kudos

peg
Senior Contributor IV

Hi,

I am thinking your faulty board is dead.

I have run the accel demo on my boards just to re-acquaint myself with them.

With the one that works, I presume if you power up with no switch depressed then no LED's. Yes?

If you power it up with a button pressed then LED 4 flashes quite fast indicating it is transmitting. Yes?

With the "dead" one powering up with button pressed or not all four LED's come on straight away and stay on. Yes?

The programme never turns on LED's 1 and 2 so this is why I think its dead.

If you are not sure how to programme/debug them then try some measurements with a multimeter. Battery disconnected and Serial cable disconnected.

If you look at the PCB with the buttons at the bottom the right hand side of all the LED's should be connected to 3V. Measure this to the left pin of J103 (marked +)

The left hand side of all the LED's should measure 3.5Megohms to 0V on J103 (marked with a - vertically) and to +.

Now connect the battery and test for 3.0 volts at J103 when turned on.

Leave it on for 5 minutes then turn it off and then touch all the chips with your finger, none of them should feel warm or hot at all.

Let us know what you find.

Regards David

0 Kudos

peg
Senior Contributor IV

Hmmm,

Can you talk to it with your BDM interface?

0 Kudos