Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

56F8323 switching to external crystal

Jump to solution
Dime
Contributor I

Hello,

My program uses an external crystal for the clock. I set everything up using Processor Expert and when running through Code Warrior everything is ok. The problem occurs when my program is started from the bootloader. If I reset my board the bootloader starts up and waits 5 seconds as expected per my settings. After the 5 seconds it jumps to my program but it does not execute properly. I modified my program to use the internal relaxation oscillator and then my program will successfully run from the bootloader. So the problem appears to be the transition from the bootloader which uses the internal relaxation oscillator to my program which is setup to use an external crystal.

Has anyone out there gotten this scenario to work? Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
burra
Contributor II
Hi,

I have the same problem. I have been talking with Freescale and the problem is when it is switching from bootloader that uses internal to the programcode that uses the external code. Fresscale said that one can reprogram the cpu with a bootloader that uses the external clock then it would not change clock and it would solve the problem.

I have not tested it because it meens that I must reprogram the bootloader on all chips I sell. And that would take to much time. It can the be better to write a own reflash function.

//Bertil

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
burra
Contributor II
Hi,

I have the same problem. I have been talking with Freescale and the problem is when it is switching from bootloader that uses internal to the programcode that uses the external code. Fresscale said that one can reprogram the cpu with a bootloader that uses the external clock then it would not change clock and it would solve the problem.

I have not tested it because it meens that I must reprogram the bootloader on all chips I sell. And that would take to much time. It can the be better to write a own reflash function.

//Bertil
0 Kudos
Dime
Contributor I
Thanks for the information.
0 Kudos