NE64 TIMER

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NE64 TIMER

Carlos20
Contributor I
i would like information about programming this timer with precision. It seems I can only write the TCNT register in the special mode(using the BDM cable for debugging). I´ll be very gratefull for any help about that. Carlos  would like information about programming this timer with precision. It seems I can only write the TCNT register in the special mode(using the BDM cable for debugging).

I´ll be very gratefull for any help about that.

Carlos
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

DrSeuss
Contributor I

Not sure what you mean by precision. But are you aware that timer channel 7 can be used to reset the main counter?

You can set the output compare function of channel 7 to say 0x1234, when this event occurs the main counter will be reset to 0x0000. Effectively, reducing the main count to 0x1234. This can be very useful for creating decimal counts instead of the binary counts of the counter.

Set the TCRE bit in the TSCR2 register to enable this function.

also see:

http://forums.freescale.com/freescale/board/message?board.id=16BITCOMM&message.id=1032

Message Edited by DrSeuss on 05-24-2006 09:03 PM

0 Kudos

imajeff
Contributor III
Seems the info is in "MC9S12NE64V1.pdf". 6.4.2 talks about "Output Compare" which lets you tell it at what value of TCNT the timer will trigger.
0 Kudos