Production programmer for 86F8000 / 56F8013`

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production programmer for 86F8000 / 56F8013`

offgrid
Contributor III
I am not interested in any P&E stuff, that stuff has never been production capable. But I am looking for a produciton JTAG/ONCE port programmer for this chip, that is preferably a one button press, like Softec does for the smaller 8 bit stuff.

Volumes will be in the 10's of K per year, and the flash programming may require an in-circuit change from "test" software to "shipping" software in the factory.

Thanks
Tim
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

marc_paquette
Contributor V
Let me know if this document helps:

Marc.
0 Kudos

offgrid
Contributor III
Not sure if the first email went out so...

Your referenced app-note talks about Flash programming techniques using the various ports available, SCI, JTAG, bare chip progamming, etc.

I am looking for a production JTAG/Once port programmer. App Note AP1935 does a good job of describing the JTAG signals needed and the some sample software to drive the port, but you will still need to roll-your-own programmer. I am willing to do this if I have to, but it is a little worrysome that Freescale would not partner with a Softec or equiv. to simultaneously release a production programming tool with the release of a new chip family, is it not?

I do see Freescale offering the USB-TAP at http://www.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/user_guide/CWH-UTP-UG.pdf
but this is being sold as a dev tool, and not a production quality Flash programmer, so not sure what they are thinking really.

I am thinking...should I be using this chip...??!?

Tim
Magnum Energy

Message Edited by offgrid on 05-15-200601:05 PM

0 Kudos

marc_paquette
Contributor V
Does Domain Technologies' flash programming software & hardware answer your needs? For example:

I've also asked some of my colleagues to dig deeper into other tool providers who might have something to meet your requirements. I'll keep you posted.

Marc.
0 Kudos

offgrid
Contributor III
Seems a little pricey, but it does talk about being a production programmer. I'll look into it, thanks Marc.

Tim
0 Kudos