In case you missed it, I wanted to point out the newest member of the Tower family: the Kinetis KwikStik. Based on the Kinetis K40X256 device, this board is more like a cousin than a sibling. It is smaller than the standard controller module with only one card-edge connector. You can check out all the details at the homepage link below or on the attached Quick Start Guide. I've also pasted in a few details for a quick glance. Oh, I should mention that the introductory price is just $29!!!
The Kwikstik development tool is an ultra low-cost, all-in-one development tool for evaluating, developing and debugging Kinetis MCUs. It features the K40X256VLQ100 (144LQFP) MCU with USB, Touch Sensing and Segment LCD functionality. The KwikStik development tool can be used standalone or integrated with the Freescale Tower System. The on-board Segger™ J-Link™ debug interface allows the user to evaluate the features of the on-board Kinetis K40 MCU or to develop, debug and program their own target hardware based on any Kinetis MCU.
- K40X256 in 144 LQFP (256KB Flash, 256KB FlexMemory, ultra low-power, precision mixed-signal)
- LCD Display with 306 segments
- 3.5 mm Audio Output Jack and 2 Micro USB connectors
- Omni-directional Microphone and a Buzzer
- On-Board J-Link USB Programmer (JTAG connector and ribbon cable not included)
- Infrared Communications
- Micro SD Card slot
- Capacitive Touch Sensing Interface
- General purpose Tower Plug-in (TWRPI) socket
- Manganese Lithium Rechargeable Battery