cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading target memory using Microsoft COM objects

Joel
Contributor I
Hi,

How do I use the ReadMemory method of the ICodeWarriorDebuggerProcess interface in order to read the target memory? How does the accessKind parameter work? I have read the IDE Automation Guide but it only explains a few COM interfaces of CodeWarrior.

This is my VBScript code (last line is not working):

Code:
' VB Script Documentoption explicitDim oCWDim oDebuggerDim oDebuggerThreadDim oDebuggerProcessDim oMemDim sizeSet oCW = CreateObject("CodeWarrior.CodeWarriorApp")Set oDebugger = oCW.DebuggerSet oDebuggerThread = oDebugger.CurrentThreadSet oDebuggerProcess = oDebuggerThread.Process' Read first 100 bytes, but how to interpret accessKind—Set oMem = oDebuggerProcess.ReadMemory(0,100,"")

Regards,
Joel Eriksson
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

marc_paquette
Contributor V
Which CodeWarrior product and version are you using? What is the revision date of the IDE Automation Guide that you are referring to? (The revision date appears as "Revised: xx-xxx-xxxx" on the first page of the manual's PDF.)

An alternative to using the COM API is to use the IDE's Command Window. Use the mem command to read memory on the target.

Marc.
0 Kudos

Joel
Contributor I
I'm using CodeWarrior for StarCore DSP Architectures, v2.7.

The IDE Windows Automation Guide is revised 9/01/2004

We would like to use COM objects because we must do some advanced analysis of the memory. Today we are saving memory dump files and these are analysed by an external application. It would be nice to have just one VBScript that does all this.

Regards,
Joel
0 Kudos

marc_paquette
Contributor V
Unfortunately, Freescale no longer supports this part of IDE automation through Windows COM.

But I empathize with your frustration. I'll make a request to my colleagues to sort this out.

To put more pressure on Freescale, you--and anyone else who would like such a capability--can submit a service request:

1. Go to http://freescale.com/support

2. In the Develop column, click "Technical Support."

3. Click "Submit a service request."

Marc.
0 Kudos