cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCF5213 Flash EEPROM

Ack1
Contributor I
Good Morning,

Does anyone have code to use the MCF5213 flash as psuedo EEPROM?

Thanks,
Ack1
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

airswit
Contributor III
gotcha....i need to know this too. I have asked on the forum, and in a service request...but nothing yet. let me know if you get some answer
0 Kudos

mnorman
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I think the dBUG monitor that ships on the M5213EVB does basically what you are asking about.  The set/show parameters (just baud rate in this case IIRC) are stored in a block of Flash.  When they are modified from the command line (set command), the Flash block is copied to a reserved space in RAM, the parameter is modified, the Flash block is erased, and the modified parameters in RAM are programmed into the Flash.

The dBUG source is available here:

http://www.freescale.com/files/netcomm/software/app_software/dbug_rom_monitors/M5213EVB_DBUG_SRC.zip

Start in the set/get functions in dbug\proj\common\setget.c.  The Flash drivers that are called are in dbug\src\dev\flash\cfm_flash.c/h

Message Edited by mnorman on 05-02-2006 11:37 AM

0 Kudos

mnorman
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
BTW, the CFM driver must be executed out of RAM.  The MCF5211/12/13 only has one logical block of Flash, so the CPU cannot read instructions from Flash while a program/erase sequence is underway.
0 Kudos

airswit
Contributor III
i thought flash was pseudo eeprom (they are both electrically erasable programmable read only memory, essentially). are you looking to program your code to the flash?

Message Edited by airswit on 05-01-200611:40 AM

0 Kudos

Ack1
Contributor I

Good Morning,

Sorry, should have been more specific.  What I am looking for is source code that can program internal flash while running application code.  I would like to use one of the flash blocks as pseudo EEPROM.  For example storing calibration information on a periodic basis.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos