Can't program 56F8166 "Core not responding".

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't program 56F8166 "Core not responding".

tequila
Contributor I
Hi, I've been trying to program a 56F8166, I'm using the circuit in the 56F8367EVM except for the first buffer that I replaced for a 74LCX244 (footprint issue =S), While trying to program with the codewarrior I can see every single JTAG line getting to the chip, but the DSP only answers by sending the time to low three times. right after I get the "Core not responding" error from codewarrior.
So Far I've verfified the following:
-Current consumption is around 140mA.
-The chip is oscillating at 8Mhz.
-Every VDDIO line has 3.3V
-Every ground is connected.
-OCRDIS is 3.3V and I have an external 2.5V regulator conected to the four VCAP pines with 2.2uF each.
-The PLL filter is in place(However this isnt required by the program so far).
If you guys have any ideas or had a similar problem please let me know,
Thank you.
Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

dingding
Contributor II
Hi, I think I have got the same problem with you. I use 56F8323, and design the jtag circuit in 56F807evm, using one 74lcx244 in my circuit.There is no 74hc244. It can only be written several times, then will notice write flash failure and can not response with programming. I have request a technique support to freescale, and get a method which couldn't work. So if you get some good way, please post a message briefly which would be really appreciated!
0 Kudos

dingding
Contributor II
I have seen someone post the same problem on bbs this January. But I couldn't find it now! If you want to connect with me, my email:wangfeng_0714.student@sina.com
0 Kudos

msf
Contributor I
Hello

I had this problem.

As i am new to mcu, so just set up CW again after i clean system with format c.

Now CW work good.
0 Kudos