Brian Espenschied

HC908KX8 - Problem with running code in Target without the MON08 debugger connected

Discussion created by Brian Espenschied on Apr 30, 2006
Latest reply on May 4, 2006 by Brian Espenschied
I am using Codewarrior for the HC08. I have my code working for the MC68HC908KX8 part with the MON08 interface connected to the target and my PC running the True-Time Simulator in In-Circuit Debug/Programming mode. The code runs fine. When I remove the MON08 Interface and power up the Target board the program does not run.

I have used this same mon08 interface and Codewarrior to develop software for the GP32 chip and it works fine by itself or with the mon08 interface. Now that I changed to the KX8 my target will not run by itself. Is there something I am missing that needs to be done to get a target board to run by itself? Config registers? I am using a 9.8304MHz Oscillator as my clock source connected to pin 10. I have the CPU bean in CW set to use the external oscillator. The Oscillator is running. The CPU pins are not changing state. I even installed a reset button and still nothing seems to be working.

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

Outcomes