5282 timer(GPT).

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5282 timer(GPT).

rao
Contributor I

Is it possible to use the external clocking source for GPT(General purpose timers).

No where they mentioned this thing in the reference manual.

If it is possible can any one guide me.And if possible send a code snippet which covers this issue.

thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rao.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

airswit
Contributor III
though i have not tried to use it, and am not too sure i am understanding it correctly, i believe that the pulse accumulator is what you are looking for. this can be used, least on the 5213, by using the input pin for GPT3, in which case you can count the pulses on this pin. think this is what you are looking for
0 Kudos

rao
Contributor I
hai,
Thanks for your responce.
But That's not what i am looking for exactly.
Actually i am looking for reducing the system clock frequency so that i can increase the time diference between two Consecutive TICKS.
Please give some guidence.

Actually i am looking for reducing the resolution(increasing minimum timeout), so that i can get more time out for overflow.
if you are not clear let me know.

0 Kudos

mnorman
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Yes, you can use an external clock.  Referring to Figure 20-1 in the MCF5282RM: a clock can be input on the GPTn3 pin as the pulse accumulator (PA) input.  With the PAE bit set and PAMOD cleared, the input clock can then be the GPT counter input clock.  The CLK[1:0] settings will determine if it is the PACLK, PACLK / 256 or PACLK / 65536.
0 Kudos

rao
Contributor I
Thank you.
0 Kudos