M5208EVB Quick Start guide

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M5208EVB Quick Start guide

echeffetz
Contributor I
I am unable to get Code Warrior to recognize the USB P&E debugger . . . is that because the procedure at the start of the guide does not tell about hooking it up, or does it actually use the debugger already in the microprocessor? Also, the jumpers on the board I have are not the same as in the board depicted in the QuickStart guide . . . I just got this EVB from Future, By the way, CodeWarrior appeared to both install and fire up very smoothly; I couldn't wait to run the tiny sample program and then get my own working . . . what am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help - I'm starting to lose days (and nights!) on this!!!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

marc_paquette
Contributor V
What product and version of CodeWarrior are you using? Also, please describe the error or problem you observe more precisely.

Thanks.

Marc.
0 Kudos

echeffetz
Contributor I
I am simply saying that the quick start guide does not show that the P&E USB is to be physically hooked up . . . then after Code Warrior is installed, and the USB P&E is selected, the apply button does not highlight and the other actions to continue to try to run the demo program do not take place . . .you have other similar questions to mine . . . the M5208EVB comes with wo quick start guides, one specifically on the cover referencing the M5208EVB, and one not. I tried to fine these on both the CD and on the website, thinking there may be newer versions. I think that the version of CW is 6.1 but I do not feel that this is a problem. I tried it again last night to no avail . . .
0 Kudos

marc_paquette
Contributor V
You're right, the Quick Start does not describe how to connect with P&E's ColdFire Multilink USB tool. But the CodeWarrior tools do support it. I've suggested to my colleagues that we document USB connections better.

Which model & version of the P&E Multilink are you using?

Without knowing more information, the tech support staff suggests that the problem might be as simple as an incompatible USB cable. Have you tried a different cable?

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need more help.

Marc.
0 Kudos

echeffetz
Contributor I

Marc, I appreciate all the help I can get . . . I am using version 6.2 of CodeWarrior which came with the kit, which micht be better known as MCF5208. I have since hooked up the P&E and I have not found it nor has the apply button highlighed . . .however, the tiny hellow program did compile and run!!!

The quickstart guide which came with this $349 EVB should probably be reviewed . . .

Next I would like to find the source so I may alter the webpage abd code which is supplied in the 5208 . . .any ideas???

0 Kudos

marc_paquette
Contributor V
What is the model and version/serial number of the eval board that you are using? Also what is the exact model and version of the P&E tool that you are using?

Thanks.

Marc.
0 Kudos

echeffetz
Contributor I

Marc,

the board is marked on the bottom ID: 6062A-5208EVB FCC ID: TKN5208EVB. The board is marked on top Intec Automation  www.steroidmicros.com M5208EVB, Ser No 0014150000BE; the box is marked LOT: BOIT05080E DTE: 0604 REV: 0A assembled in Canada.

The P&E  is USB-ML-CF Rev.C . . . at some point I think the CodeWarrior updated its firmware . . .

Thanks, Ed

0 Kudos

marc_paquette
Contributor V
I suggest that you submit a service requeset to resolve this problem.

To submit a service request:

1. Go to http://freescale.com/support

2. In the Develop column, click "Technical Support."

3. Click "Submit a service request."

Marc.
0 Kudos