cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PK-HC08QT

Mei
Contributor IV
Hello, friends of HC08!

Many weeks and months I worked with CodeWarrior and HC08, writing little assembler programs. But now I have a break with my old not working PK-HC08QT. Some functions are going, user not. So I will fight, to repair my kit. It isn't a black box, isn’t a dark secret. An engineer has realized the necessary conditions for communication MON08 with PC.

I have no bed cards:

-  I have derived from circuit with continuity checker complete schematic wire diagram of PK-HC08QT.

- I know types of transistors on chip; have replaced two transistors with success.

- I have so many facts about actually behavior of kit during debugging (see below), that is must be possible to make a diagnose of defect and to seek selective.

My handicaps are:

- My knowledge about processes between MON08 of MCU and PC-Port isn’t so good, to make above quick. I must read again Section 9 Monitor ROM (MON) of Data Sheet – MC68HC08QY4/D 9/2002 ! I think, when I understand it, I can repair my kit.

Maybe an insider write to forum, what happens on HC08-Interface during debugging?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here the actually dates about behavior of kit during debugging:

When I debug, I came to the window: “CPROG08SZ Programmer – Version 2.17  -  [Status Window] with the display:

CMD>RE

Attempting soft reset of HC08 device . . .  Success. (RSR=$48)

Initializing. Target has been RESET and is active.

CMD>CM C:\Programme\Freescale\CW V5.0\prog\P&E\908_QT4.08P

Initializing.   /  This dash is rotating.

Program stopped on this point.

When I press “Abort” I have display:

Error loading programming algorithm-load aborted. Error occurred during Flash programming.

CW makes Soft-Reset.

Now I can:

- start the old program, which is on FLASH.

- stop the started program with Halt command

- continue the halted program

- Make software reset of target

- new start the program from first line

- read content of RAM

- write a new program in a new MCU.

But I can not:

- set a breakpoint (he was ignored).

- make a step (undefined jumps occur)

- erase programmed FLASH and write a new program in it.

With best regards

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

peg
Senior Contributor IV
Hi Mei,

Ni Hao?

To have as much working as you do the MON08 interface must be working!
For it to fail to do only some things you either have marginal communications because of faulty parts that "sort of" work or you have problems with the software on your computer. Most of the MON08 interface is static and only sets the device into monitor mode, which you have then all comms occurs over PTA0 which seems to be working of sorts. The only other signal is RST which maybe controlled by the PC by its DTR pin on the serial port.

Hope this gives you some insight.

BR Peg

0 Kudos

Mei
Contributor IV

Hi peg,

now my PK-HC08QT is working again.

A change-over switch of U3/HC4053 was defect. He has PTA1 to give high signal in monitor-mode. Without this H-signal debugging function was working only partially, how I have write. In PK-HC08QT-Kit signals are not so static, how in three MON08 interfaces, described in MC68HC908QY4 Data sheet and how you have write. Fault I have detected with extern static signals on separated kit.

My knowledge about processes on PK-HC08QT-Kit is furthermore very fragmentary. It should to give not description of function of this Kit. How I like my MCU MC68HC908QT4 with many hundred sites of description.

With best regards

Gerd

0 Kudos