FEC Driver for 5200

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEC Driver for 5200

Khouri
Contributor I
I'm trying to implement an FEC driver for the MPC5200. I'm running into some problems with the BestComm. I'm using rtos image 1, with just the FEC tx and rx tasks enabled. I'm using the BestComm API.
Quite frequently, the transmit task seems to get stuck. When this happens, it no longers moves data to the FEC transmit FIFO from it's buffer descriptors. The receive task continues to function. If the software doesn't receive any Ethernet data, the bug does not occur (or becomes VERY rare).

Stopping the task and resetting the buffers doesn't have any effect.
Manually setting the status of all buffer descriptors to the ready state and a size for debug purposes has shown that the transmit task doesn't change these states, ever, after the bug occurs.
As far as I can tell, I never receive a TEA interrupt, the FEC is still enabled and the FEC FIFO's are fine.
What's happening? Is this a known bug in this task image? What should I be looking at?

There didn't appear to be a forum for 32-bit processors, so I posted the message in this forum.

Message Edited by Khouri on 04-12-200609:45 AM

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Marcus
Contributor I
While integrating ethernet support into the MPC5200, I ran into a similar problem. I've three BestComm tasks running (ethernet rx and tx, and a customized task).

The ethernet tx task sporadically returns a TASK_ERR_BD_BUSY when I try to release a buffer descriptor on a tx interrupt. Did you receive a similar error from the BestComm API?

0 Kudos