cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help for newbies with HC12

confusedGPS
Contributor I
Hey guys,

I was looking for some insight on how to start programming my micro board i got from technological arts. im using the ICC12 v6 compiler, for my senior design class im building a GPS guided R/C car. so basically ill be programming in C. anyone got any tips or pointers (some code maybe? lol) because right now its like finding a needle in a haystack.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

imajeff
Contributor III
Maybe you could do what I do:

Start with an example program that doesn't even do what you want on your final project (maybe just says 'hello' on the serial port). Don't worry yet that it isn't even close to being your completed project.

As you see the example work, try changing something on the program. Soon the changes will help you make other changes toward your actual project. It begins to form into your project, and eventually you will have the project working.

The hardest thing for me was to get started because I was trying to have the whole thing figured out before I started.

Also if you look in the MCU docs and can't find or can't understand a specific section for some feature, that's a good thing to look here for answers. Specific means for example, "I looked in S12CRGV2.pdf and can't find where it says what clock the SCI uses".

Good luck, we all need a little of that too :smileyhappy:
0 Kudos

confusedGPS
Contributor I
can anyone help?????
0 Kudos

peg
Senior Contributor IV

Hi,

I think you will need to be more specific with what help/info you need before you will get any bites.

0 Kudos