Some basic installation questions

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some basic installation questions

sdonnelly
Contributor I
I'm trying to get a new install of CodeTEST 4.3 to link, and running into some problems (below). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Compiler: Solaris gnu 2.2 for PowerPC target running vxWorks RTOS. I'd like to enable software instrumentation since we didn't buy the hardware probe module. My compile works, but during link I get one undefined symbol: ct_port. This leads me to believe I haven't linked in one or more codetest libraries.

I went back to my codetest configuration files, which I had to create from scratch (there were only about 30 choices in the CodeTEST/instrconfig directory, none matching our configuration. I created gnuppc.drvr (based on gnu.drvr but substituting our compiler names) and gnu-ppc-vxworks.ctrc (based on gnu-68k-vxworks.ctrc but switching to gnu2). Is there something else (or a lot) that I need to change in this file to allow it to link? I see that CTLIBS is supposed to point to the CT_HOME directory to include a file from /lib/swic, but I don't see that in my link line for some reason.

Also, anyone know why there are no -swic files in CodeTEST/instrconfig? The manual mentions that I need to use one of these for software instrumentation.

Any specific suggestions, or even a pointer to more appropriate config file examples, will be much appreciated.

Sean Donnelly

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

marc_paquette
Contributor V
Freescale has not released configuration files that support vxWorks RTOS.

Until Freescale does so, I can offer a PDF that describes how to hook an RTOS into CodeTEST:

I also have a PDF that I can send you by email that describes specifically how to use CodeTEST tools with vxWorks RTOS. Contact me with a forum private message if you're interested.

Finally, if you have technical support service with your CodeTEST purchase, I suggest that you send a service request to get more detailed information. To submit a service request:

1. Go to http://freescale.com/support

2. In the Develop column, click "Technical Support."

3. Click "Submit a service request."

I hope this helps.

Marc.
0 Kudos