cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeRTOS + SMAC + HCS08 version 4

jeffw
Contributor I

Hi all,

I've figured out how to make FreeRTOS play nicer with a Processor Expert project. Now PE can generate vector tables and still dispatch correctly to the FreeRTOS task switcher.

I also made the SMAC work nicer with FreeRTOS.

The projects attached to this message should allow you to try this with MC13191 EVB or SARD gear. It forms a simple back-and-forth wireless "ping-pong" to show how it all works.

Cheers,

Jeff

More info on FreeRTOS at www.freertos.org.

combined.zip

Message Edited by t.dowe on 2009-09-22 10:53 AM
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

There is now CodeWarrior for MCU10.0 (eclipse based) available (see http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summ ary.jsp?code=CW-MCU10&tid=vancwmcu10).

Attached is a port based on the original port to S08 (see beginnig of this thread) plus the available port for V1 on www.freertos.org.

It is using eclipse with Processor Expert, so with this it is virtually working with any S08 and ColdFire V1.

The work is based on an university research project, and is presented at the FTF in Orlando (session ID FTF-ENT-F0539).

It encapsulates the latest FreeRTOS (6.0.5) as an embedded component, so you can create a project from scratch (Processor Expert enabled), and simply add the freeRTOS to your project, specify the timer module and SWI interrupt and you are ready to go.

The attached zip file contains the embedded component, two demo projects (one for S08 and one for QE128) plus a readme/installation guide. The demos are using doxygen too (there is the Eclox eclipse plugin you can download).

I hope this is useful. In any case, I plan to add other cores (like the S12 and the other ColdFires), so it should be really easy to use FreeRTOS with CodeWarrior under eclipse.

BK

0 Kudos

VJSingh
Contributor I

Is there any S12P FreeRTOS available ??

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos