5485 EVAL kit. DSPI Drivers

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5485 EVAL kit. DSPI Drivers

Usman
Contributor I
I need to get the DMA Serial Peripheral Interface DSPI working on the MFC 5485 Eval board. Has any one written the drivers for it yet? Even if someone is working on it please contact me. Thanks
If you need help with timers, interrupts or memory mapping, ask me. Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

mpeters
Contributor I
Yes, we have some example DSPI code for the MCF548x devices. It is attached.
0 Kudos

SteveJoiner
Contributor I
I am converting the ltib DSPI driver to use DMA. I was having problems with the DMA transfer to the DSPI DTFR register. It seemed like the DMA was just running as fast as it could and not waiting for the TFFF interrupts from the DSPI. I found the fix in this example code that you posted. The fix was to change MCD_SINGLE_DMA to MCD_SINGLE_DMA | 0x40 in the flags argument to MCD_startDma().

I have looked through the MCF547x Reference Manual and the Multichannel DMA API User's Guide, but I can't find anything about this magic 0x40 that makes my DMA transfers work. Can anyone point me to some documentation or shed some light on this for me?

Thanks,
Steve
0 Kudos

Usman
Contributor I
Would you upload the DSPI drivers with out DMA  for 5485 for me.
Regards
0 Kudos

Usman
Contributor I
I did go through these files, The only thing that could be of my interest and related to DSPI is the header file containing the peripherals and macros. I am already using it. Drivers are not provided with the eval board and thats what I want to write. I am using C for it.so far I have got the Serail continous clock and CS working for it. I need to read some data off of aslave device and then write back to it. The reference manual that came with the eval kit has some thoery behind all the regsters, and thats the only thing I have to work with.
Thanks for your time. Please do keep an eye out for DSPI drivers for 5485. thanks
U.Sheikh
0 Kudos

mnorman
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Usman,

The code that has been posted does have a DSPI driver for the DSPI on the MCF5485 (actually for the MCF547x/8x (x=0-5)).  Did you see DSPI_Drv.c/h?

-MN

Message Edited by mnorman on 04-07-2006 03:01 PM

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The Linux Target Image Builder (LTIB) MCF5475/85 BSP has DSPI drivers in it too:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=CWB-MCF547X-548X-2-6-KL&nodeId=012726... 

Regards,

DavidS

0 Kudos

Usman
Contributor I
DavidS, I have submitted a request for it on the freescale website for it.  Let us see how long they take to get back with me.
thanks
 U. Sheikh
0 Kudos