JimD JimD

Tower Out Of Box Experience -blog archive

Discussion created by JimD JimD on Aug 23, 2009
Well, it was marred by an issue with the OSBDM (A known issue, it seems)  When I try and run it (using the OSBDM), I get a loop on:ILLEGAL_BP Target Speed Change Detected - New Speed 50.36 MHzIt runs, but can not be debugged.  Fortunately, being an experienced FSL dev, I have a trusty PE USB ML (best 99$$ I ever spent). I powered the board on the mother board usb plug, hooked up the PEBDM, and bing-o it all works.   Normal errors, it seems: ERROR: programmer is not enabled  Code loading overlap detected in range 0x00000400..0x00000417Also, if you click reset:Reset command file does not exist. I did have issues with the PEBDM as well. I got From time to time.: Error: The debugger is currently not able to reset due to loss of contact with hardware.   Other than that, it all worked well. I got all 4 labs to run.  - The mail demo fails to get the time once in a while, and then does not send the email. - The Ethernet to serial does not send cr/lf nor echo. Patch the code in user_fn like this:
while (TRUE) {if (fstatus( serial_fd )) {
    c = fgetc( serial_fd );
   fputc((char)c,serial_fd);     // Echo the char
   if (c==IO_ERROR)
   break;
   putchar((char)c);
   if( c == '\r' ) {                       // You only get a cr from the enter key on my terminal.
       fputc((char)'\n',serial_fd);
      putchar('\n');
   }
}

if (status()) {
   c = getchar();
   if (c==IO_ERROR)
     break;
  putchar(c);
  fputc((char)c,serial_fd);
  if( c == '\n' ) {                // You only get a new line from the telnet session.
     putchar('\r');
     fputc((char)'\r',serial_fd);
  }
}
}

Outcomes