Vijay Mangalpally

Problem in running a classic application built using CW10.0 on mac OS

Discussion created by Vijay Mangalpally on Mar 24, 2006
Latest reply on Apr 3, 2006 by David Blache

Hi All,

I am facing the below problem with the CW 10.0. Any quick help in this regard would be very very helpful for us.

I have developed a classic (Power PC) application using CW 10.0 on a mac mini with 10.4 mac OS (tiger).When I run this application on OS 10.4, the classic environment (9.2.2) starts and the application runs without any problem.

But when I try to run this application on a native OS 9.2.2 system (Power PC G3), this application does not run. When I try to execute this application, an ‘Open With..’ dialog pops up.

When I take a look at the type of application, it gives the information that it is a ‘document’ and not an application.

How can I successfully build an application on OS 10.4 to target the OS 9.2.2 system using CW 10.0 ?

Are there any specific settings that I need to set while building the project using the CW IDE?

Note:

Even when I tried to run the ‘Hello World ppc’ sample application (path: MetroWerks CodeWarrior 10.0 \ (CodeWarrior Examples) \ MacOS Examples\ C C++ for Power Mac\Hello World PPC\ ‘ ) I have observed the same behaviour ie., the application runs successfully in the classic environment on the OS 10.4 mac mini system but not on the native OS 9.2.2 system.

Outcomes