cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB BDM Multilink not recognized over windows XP

sebasira
Senior Contributor I

Hello all!!

I've installed several times CodeWarrior an P&E Drivers on many computers, all of them over winXP, and I've never have a problem...

Now, I successfully installed codewarrior (v3.1) and P&E Drivers... but when I plug a working BDM to the USB port, windows just don't recognized... It says nothing like if I've connected nothing. Not an error message, nothing... Does any one know why?

If I plug the BDM to a computer that does not have it drivers installed, windows says that a new hardware was connected, but in this case nothing happens.

Any idea?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

freescale_dude
Contributor II

With the board unplugged, open the Device Manager. See if there is a Jungo driver present.

Plug in the board and see if anything in the Device Manager changes. You should get a driver appear in the Jungo section, and you might get entries appear in the Port and USB area.

If nothing occurs or there are drivers already present, unplug the board. Remove the Jungo driver. Now plug in the board, and ideally Windows will recognize the device as an unknown type. When it wants to install software for the device, say no to the Internet search, and let it find the software automatically. (This assumes that the PE& drivers have been installed and present in installation directory named pemicro on the hard drive somewhere.) The proper drivers should install, and the debugger should see the board. Good luck.

---Tom

0 Kudos

aseembansal
Contributor I

I posted in

https://community.freescale.com/thread/301229

I was suggested this thread. I tried your way but the problem is still persisting. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

sebasira
Senior Contributor I

Hello Aseem!

The only solution I found was to downgrade the USB-BDM firmware to an erlier version (v5.79). It was originally with v5.81 (if I recall correctly). That was the latest frimware from P&E, but it won't work unless I plug it to a usb hub.

Downgrading firmware to v5.79 solve the problem.

On P&E website you can find the app to change the firmware, as well as the firmware.

One inportant thing. As v5.79 is prior to v5.81 the application won't let you change the firmware. So you'll have to rename the firmware file so it's number is higher than v5.81.

I hope it helps!

Sebastian M. Irazabal

Eleectronic Engineer

Rosario - Argentina

0 Kudos