MQX 3.8.1 v1.1 installer - only change is in batch file?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX 3.8.1 v1.1 installer - only change is in batch file?

Jump to solution
dmarks_ls
Senior Contributor I

I noticed that the installer for MQX 3.8.1 was revved to v1.1 (20 Aug 2012), so I pulled it down, installed it, and compared it to a previous installation.  It appears that the only substantive difference between the two installs is that there is a "Workaround for morpho plug-in problem" in tools\codewarrior_extensions\CW MCU v10.2\install_cw10.2_plugin.bat.  (Well, that, and USB header files are now present in \lib for several different tower kits.)  Am I correct in that the batch file is the only change between v1.0 and v1.1 of the MQX v3.8.1 installer?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, the only difference is the batch files.

The batches files are used to install CW 10.2 project wizard. The batches files will not work if the update 1.0 was applied to CW 10.2… We have to update the batch files to work around it.

There was a bug in the initial batch files, but only the CW 10.2 update revealed the bug. We raised the issue to CW team that CW can not break the existing releases out there… but sometimes it does happen…

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, the only difference is the batch files.

The batches files are used to install CW 10.2 project wizard. The batches files will not work if the update 1.0 was applied to CW 10.2… We have to update the batch files to work around it.

There was a bug in the initial batch files, but only the CW 10.2 update revealed the bug. We raised the issue to CW team that CW can not break the existing releases out there… but sometimes it does happen…

0 Kudos