cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from Codewarrior v5.7.0 to Codewarrior v7.2 for Coldfire architecture

cbhavi
Contributor III

Hello,

I migrated a project for the Coldfire processor MCF5216 from Codewarrior V5.7.0 to Codewarrior V7.2. I made the necessary changes to the project for migration and the project compiles with no problems.

However, when I debug the project (in winIDEA), it so happens that the code tries to access some unmapped memory region and as a result the program hangs.

Also, I noticed in the document giving instructions regarding migration to V7.2, that the assembly functions need to be declared with the "declspec"  qualifier. I do not have any assemler functions in my code but I do make use of some assembly instruction snippets. For example:

- - C code - -

asm

{

assembly code

}

-- C code --

Will any specific changes have to be made regarding these codes in the project?

Please help me out here. I have been stuck with this for a long time now.

Thanks in advance.

-Bhavya

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

kavshi
Contributor II

Can you give me details how you migrated the to CW 7.2?

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Refer to Migrating project from CW 6.2 to CW 10

There are 2 TNs under the V7.2 installation.

Please refer to the \CodeWarrior for ColdFire V7.2\Help\PDF folder.

The TN256.pdf and TN268.pdf give some infor to move from V6.x to V7.2.

Have a great day,
Pascal
Freescale Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

vier_kuifjes
Senior Contributor I

I found a small piece of assembly code within a C interrupt function. This piece of code can be found in Coldfire Lite (file main.c):

//FSL core WD interrupt__interrupt__ void core_wd(){#if WD_TEST   ADDRESS pc_on_stack;//FSL note that stack pointer (a7) was modified by the "C" function      asm { move.l a7,d0 };   //FSL place stack pointer address in d0   asm { add.l #36,d0 };   //FSL point to the start of the exception frame   asm { move.l d0,pc_on_stack }; //FSL update variable   asm { nop };         //FSL PC is +4 from the base of the exception frame   MCF_RCM_RCR = MCF_RCM_RCR_SOFTRST; //FSL Issue software reset command#endif   }

Maybe this piece of code can be used as a reference.

P.S. Make sure to update your version of Codewarrior to 7.2.2, which contains important fixes.

0 Kudos