cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem MQX 3.8.1 (2)

Microfelix
Contributor IV

dear freescale
is about a year I'm doing a big project, first with Kinetis K60, K70 Kinetis then to manage a clock for the church towers.
In my project I use almost all devices that have the Kinetis. Using 4 serial, the LCD controller, SD card, the ethernet.
Now I wanted to start using the NAND FLASH. For this reason, I was provided a driver FFS NAND FLASH, which can only
be used with MQX 3.8.1.
Until now, first using the MQX 3.7, then the MQX 3.8 I had no problem. All devices worked perfectly.
I also have some products already sold with the K60.
Instead, after you have installed the MQX 3.8.1 the problems started. Are all devices except the LCD controller and FlexBus.
I use the flexbus to read / write external devices. Keyboard and external DSP. Today I can not use them because
i can no longer read from flexbus. In addition, the LCD controller has a problem. A problem indescribable. As if there
was a delay in updating. the only thing that I can say is that having installed both MQX, I see that with MQX 3.8
everything works, with no MQX 3.81.
I made the first report on the same day in which the MQX 3.8.1 has been released. In about 30 days,
i was told that nothing has changed with regard to the flexbus. But I say no. 

Something has changed because otherwise I was not here for a month to write and solicit.

Maurizio Felicioni

2 Replies

dmarks_ls
Senior Contributor I

Don't know if it's the same problem that you're encountering, but I recently was working a project that I had started in MQX 3.8.0 on the K70 platform.  I had finished the first phase of it earlier this spring, and was ready to develop the next phase.  I saw that MQX 3.8.1 had been released, so I figured it made sense to upgrade my MQX installation and BSP.

Boy, was that a mistake.  After diff/merging all of the BSP and PSP changes into my custom BSP, I could not for the life of me produce a functional application image.  I would trace from startup, and the debugger would somehow get lost before I hit the first line of my main thread.  At one point, I somehow managed to flash an image that did report to the serial port, but every I/O device creation I attempted failed.  I eventually threw my hands in the air and went back to MQX 3.8.0 which I still had installed on a different workstation.

Moral of the story... if it ain't broke, don't upgrade.  I'm doing a K20 project now, so I have to use 3.8.1 to get the K20 BSP support.  I just hope it's not broken like my K70 project was.

Interestingly, Freescale published v1.1 of the MQX 3.8.1 installer on 20 Aug 2012.  I don't know if they patched anything or just altered the installer; I'm tempted to install the previous version on a different workstation and diff them to see what changed.

Monica
Senior Contributor III

Maurizio and David

Thanks for helping us improve.

Certainly, there are some flaws that we are currently working to solve ASAP...by the way, David, I liked the moral you pointed out there (if it ain't broken, don't upgrade!) haha...However we all know it's not supposed to work that way.

We'll have more news soon enough!

Thank you both!

Monica

0 Kudos