cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a Release Configuration to an existing project

Jump to solution
unclemike
Contributor III

I made a PE project a while ago where I apparently did not ask for a Release configuration.  Is there a way to add one to and existing project? Or should I start from scratch?

CW 10.2   HCS08QE32

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

No need to start from scratch. You can add any configuration. See Configurations with Processor Expert. Then you can do your own things with your new configuration. But if you are concerned about having a Release and a Debug configuration: they probably are not that much different anyway (or see Debug vs. Release). So I would question myself why I would need a release configuration: I usually just use one, and only one. The real difference between 'release' and 'debug' of configurations made by Processor Expert is that in release BDM is disable. See properties of CPU component:

You can change this as well in your 'debug' configuration: but this means that a few instructions after reset the BDM is disabled, and you cannot debug the part (as the CPU will disable the BDM pin).

Hope this helps,

BK

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

No need to start from scratch. You can add any configuration. See Configurations with Processor Expert. Then you can do your own things with your new configuration. But if you are concerned about having a Release and a Debug configuration: they probably are not that much different anyway (or see Debug vs. Release). So I would question myself why I would need a release configuration: I usually just use one, and only one. The real difference between 'release' and 'debug' of configurations made by Processor Expert is that in release BDM is disable. See properties of CPU component:

You can change this as well in your 'debug' configuration: but this means that a few instructions after reset the BDM is disabled, and you cannot debug the part (as the CPU will disable the BDM pin).

Hope this helps,

BK

0 Kudos
unclemike
Contributor III

Thanks that does what I want.   I am curious about the advantages/disadvantages of shipping product with debug enabled.

0 Kudos