CW 10.2 - Standalone flash programmer inoperable

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW 10.2 - Standalone flash programmer inoperable

dmarks_ls
Senior Contributor I

I must be doing something wrong, since I can't imagine there's anything wrong with the tool...

I'm trying to use the standalone flash programming feature in CW 10.2 for MCU to program a K70 Tower board using OSJTAG.  This is primarily to support a customer so they can do flash updates of their prototype in the field, without us having to reprogram their board for them.

However, when I try to "Erase and Program", I immediately get a java.lang.NullPointerException.  I've tried it two different ways:

1) Create a new bareboard project for Kinetis K70 120MHz, FN1M0, default options, lightning bolt / Flash File to Target, select internal flash target, select S19 file to program, click Erase and Program.

2) Use existing MQX-based project, lightning bolt / Flash File to Target, select internal flash target, select S19 file to program, click Erase and Program.

Either way I try it, I get "An internal error occurred during: "Executing task K70FN1M0". java.lang.NullPointerException".  I need to be able to provide our customer with a means of programming an S19 image to one of his boards using the OSJTAG port on the Tower Kit board.  This appears to be the only way to do it, since Googling hasn't turned up a free standalone software programming tool.

So, what am I doing wrong here?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

evgenik
Contributor IV

Open Freescale support request

0 Kudos